Wednesday, August 15, 2007

School Bus Update

Monday has turned out to be the worst day.

Tuesday was better. He got to the daycare 2 hours and 15 minutes after school let out. But they had told me what bus he would be on, and that is the bus he got off of, so I give them credit for having a plan and working the plan. I was still pretty mad after he got off the bus at 5:55pm.

Wednesday (today) has been dreamy - an answered prayer. They started a new bus. The "Snake Bus" (they assign an animal to each bus to help the kids remember which to get on). Or as Colin said the "Shortcut Bus"! This bus picks the children who attend the two daycares up at the ECC and goes directly to the daycares! No switching buses. No stopping to pick up kids from other locations. No sitting there while 40 other kids get dropped off at home. He returned to daycare today by 4pm!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Hurray! I'm so glad that things are more organized. Who the heck wants their kid to spend 21% of his day on a bus? Yes, I'm an engineer, so I did the math.