Sunday, August 26, 2007

Colin's Sixth Birthday

We celebrated Colin's Birthday last week - twice. First on Monday on his actual birthDATE with just the four of us. This is Colin and Megan on Monday.Then on Saturday we celebrated with a bigger crowd at the Power Rangers party. We didn't have as many folks as usual. So it was a calmer atmosphere.


I made up a party game the kids seemed to like. In fact, last night before bed Colin and Megan wanted to play it again. It was a version of a scavenger hunt. Here's how it went.
  1. I took a picture of 5 different things in our house like the blue chair below.
  2. Then I cut the pictures into 3 or 4 or 5 big pieces.
  3. I put the pictures into envelopes.
  4. Wrote a number on each envelope.
  5. Then hid the clues at the appropriate locations.
So I gave the kids the first envelope. They put the "puzzle" together and saw it was a picture of Megan's doll stoller. They went to there and found the next envelope. Lather, rinse, repeat. At the last place (the blue chair) I was sitting there with stickers as a prize. And every kid loves stickers!

This is just a funny picture of Megan being silly the other night...

2 comments:

Shel said...

Hi, Jen, never blogged before, but here goes. What a good way to stay connected, share life and thoughts. I like it. Colin looks like he had a great birthday. They grow so fast. Evan just turned 2, Cody was 5 last month and Zach will be 7 on Monday. What wonderful times we have with them.
Really enjoyed your info on NM. This is one state I have been wanting to visit. You make it sound so lovely. I will be checking back in. Please tell Nate and the kids I said hello.
Love to you all, Aunt Shel

Suzanne said...

I still can't believe he's six years old already. Where has the time gone?