Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Mexico

As part of the RailRunner project, they sent me to New Mexico this week. It was a pretty beneficial trip - workwise.

Otherwise, WOW! I was expecting something like San Antonio, I guess. But New Mexico is completely different. I do love San Antonio, don't get me wrong. But I have never seen ANYTHING like where I was this week. So beautiful. Unfortunately my camera was dead. But I found a few websites with pictures of some places I saw. These first two links are my favorite. They scroll through different pictures, so be a little patient.

http://www.abqstyle.com/bernalillo/bernalillo_photos.htm
http://www.abqstyle.com/rio_grande_bosque/rio_grande_bosque.htm
One of the amazing things about where I was is how far you can see. 50 miles...100 miles...maybe more. And I saw real mesas. I always pictured them to be ~1 acre in size on top and ~50' high. What I saw were the size of a county on top. And height - hundreds of feet tall. I saw mountains. Desert. Canyons. A lush, green strip about a mile or two in width along the Rio Grande.
I can't wait to go back. I still love Indiana. I always want to live here and raise my children here. But God has created some pretty amazing places in the world. I want to see more of them.

No comments: