Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

Thanksgiving this year was a little different. Usually we have four get-togethers to attend. This year we only had one. So on one hand, it was nice to get to relax at home more and not overeat as much. But on the other hand, it was kind of sad not seeing some of our family we love. So to those of you we didn't get to see - Happy Thanksgiving! Maybe we'll see you in a few short weeks at Christmas.

We took this great picture on Thanksgiving. It may be Nate's first appearance on the blog...
And we took our annual Smoker family picture on Thanksgiving. We decided to all dress-up in Colts gear. I think it looks cool. Plus there was a game that day which the Colts won. You can't tell from the picture, but it was really cold outside. It was windy and it snowed some that day. So we had all sprinted out to this bench, posed, then sprinted back into the house. It was fun. And cold.

The day after Thanksgiving I went shopping with my mom and sister, Lindsey. It was the first time I have done that in several years. I had forgotten how much I like doing it. I got our shopping done from ~0% to ~90% in that one day. Not bad. All that was left was a few internet purchases and a few gift cards. Its not often that I get to spend that much time with them. That was the best part.

Later that night the kids and I went downtown to attend the Circle of Lights festivities with Mom and Dad. They had a hotel room down there. So we had some pizza in the room, walked down to the circle, went up to the warm HNTB offices on the Circle to watch the ceremony from above, then we went out the back way of the building. Just as we were walking out the back of the building on Ohio Street, the fireworks were being set off of the Regions bank building - nearly right over our heads! It was pretty cool to see them from so close.

After that we went back to the hotel and did a little swimming. Them Grandma and Grandpa thankfully sent us home... my angelic children were kind of being pills, so I think that the "send them home with their parents' " joy must have been pretty strong after we left. But in Colin and Megan's defence, it is exciting to get to see Grandma and Grandpa, be in a hotel room, go downtown where SANTA is, see fireworks, and swim!

Another good thing was Dad sent me home with a giant bowl of his homemade turkey salad. Eat your heart out Jason, Lindsey, and Sarah! Nate and I have been eating on it all week! It is sooo yummy! :)

It made for a long day, so we all were pretty tired by the time we hit the pillow.

I hope you all had a nice holiday weekend, too!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Cute family photos! Ahem, they'd be nicer if you swap out that Colts gear with the Bears version! (Just teasing!)